The first Food Trucks Open Day by Street Foody took place on Monday, September 30th at our headquarters in Terranuova Bracciolini!
The day was full of speeches, exchange of ideas, focus on trends and, of course, excellent street food.
We are really happy to have welcomed participants from all over Italy, in particular from the regions of Tuscany, Marche, Veneto, Piedmont, Emilia Romagna and, surprisingly, also from Sicily, for a total of 150 people and 60 companies that have joined the Open Day with their enthusiasm and curiosity.
We have divided the production workshop into four thematic areas that we think are the most representative of the street food world: cocktails and aperitifs, pizza, ice cream and street food in general.
The vehicles were prepared according to these categories, and our partners were available all day to provide informative materials, gadgets and brochures, and to answer all questions from customers about what it means to bring a business on the road.
The iconic Ape Pizza, our strong point, took center stage: thanks to the contribution of Alfa Forni it was possible to show the functioning of the oven, its potential and the different methods of cooking pizza.
Outside, visitors were welcomed by the Street Food Area populated by three food trucks that during lunch time served catering and local delicacies.
However, this was not the only attraction of the external area. An area dedicated to the test drive has also been set up, where guests could experience the thrill of driving the Ape Piaggio, the most characteristic vehicle in our range.
What is the dream of those who approach the world of food trucks? Here are some trends in the street food market for 2019.
The Ape oyster proved to be the most popular model for those who see vintage and image as the focal point of the activity; the Food Truck on Ducato is instead preferred by those who want to travel nationally and bring a real kitchen on wheels.
The types of food that the participants are most likely to bring on the road are pizza, fried food and hamburgers. The absolute news is represented instead by ethnic foods.
Throughout the day, presentations and speeches were held. A special thanks goes to our precious partners, who made the day even richer, thanks to the sharing of their experience and professionalism:
• Marcello Ortuso with Alfa Forni, a Lazio company that exports its pizza ovens all over the world, as well as installing them on our Ape pizza;
• Fabrizio di Marzio with Callebaut, a Belgian multinational leader in confectionery and ice cream chocolate, which uses the finest ingredients, and is the preferred choice of chefs and chocolatiers who create absolutely extraordinary delicacies every day;
• Sara Pupin with Pastificio Amato, with a foodtruck brings the tradition of pasta on the road, choosing the best ingredients of Italian tradition and gastronomic culture;
• Giancarlo Contieri and Paola Merigo with Eatinero, a foodtruck and streetfooder network ready to assist you in the realization of your dream event, which from 2015 aims to spread the culture of street food as an expression of the treasures of the territory, through events and other cultural and promotional initiatives;
• Alessandra Re with EcobioShopping, which, thanks to the passion for innovation and sustainability, offers ecological solutions designed for events and festivals;
• Daniele Posti with Stickhouse, which combines the originality of Italian ice cream with the convenience of ice cream on a stick, to take everywhere, even on the road on a foodtruck;
• Silvia De Paulis with Slow Food and the project La Buona Strada which aims to help producers in the regions that faced the earthquake in 2016.
October welcomes a new important event. We are in fact already setting up our iconic Ape Pizza for HostMilano, the leading fair dedicated to the catering and hospitality sector.